Essential Functions of the Job
- Enforces security procedures for the protection of our members, guests, and employees, Club assets; recommends additional controls and/or procedural changes that may provide increased protection to the Security Management.
- Monitors entrances and perimeter for access control. This includes logging visitors on and off the premises.
- Performs systematic patrols over parking areas, Club perimeter, and cabin areas for the protection of individuals, buildings, vehicles, and property.
- Performs first aid, fire protection, traffic control, and emergency and safety procedures.
- Assists Club management in the preparation of reports related to accidents, thefts, or other incidents involving members, guests, or employees.
- Conducts confidential or special investigations as requested by Security Management.
- Coordinates removal of unauthorized vehicles from the Club. Reports any unauthorized vehicles to Club management in a timely manner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with the investigation of alleged crimes, policy violations, and security breaches committed on Club premises; cooperates with law enforcement agencies in the investigation of crimes by exchanging reports and information.
- Handles Club telephone responsibilities after hours and seasonally.
- Assists in weather monitoring and implementing weather alerts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management which are deemed to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of first aid, fire protection, traffic control, and emergency and safety policy and procedures
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to create and present thorough and detailed reports in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain proper training, license, and/or certification in first aid, emergency and safety procedures, and fire control
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions under pressure and in emergency situations
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer applications to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and apply the practical side of security/safety measures within Club culture
- Technical proficiency to operate and troubleshoot all security operation technologies
- Minimum of 7 years experience in law enforcement, private security, or related field; or
- 4 years military police experience; or
- Retired Military
- High school degree or equivalent; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field preferred
- Experience with and the ability to effectively manage high-stress and high-risk situations
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program
- Ability to become the first responder certified
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate. Must be available for a varying work schedule that will consist of 12 hour rotating shifts to include days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
Projected Work Schedule:
Must be available for a varying work schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use arms, hands and fingers to handle, organize or lift items, operate a computer and/or drive a golf cart or other motorized vehicle. The employee is constantly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as but not limited to driving a golf cart or other motorized vehicle, determining the accuracy, neatness, attention to detail, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of benefits coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays