Sun 'N' Lake Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity for a Head Golf Professional. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing exceptional service.
- Promotes and executes member events and daily play.
- Provides a professional atmosphere that the members and guests would be proud to recommend potential members to join.
- Oversees golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, player service operations, cart fleet, and may assist with coordinating Food and Beverage requirements for golf events.
- Assists in the development and day to day tracking of the budget and business plan. Helps to control expenses in relation to revenues.
- Creates a member service-oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members.
- Ensures that associates provide a high level of member service in the golf shop, outsider services, practice facility, and with starter and ranger functions.
- Works closely with the Superintendent and the Food and Beverage Manager on a daily basis to ensure timely communication and to establish a good working relationship.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
- Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
- Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
- Provides golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant and Associate Golf Professionals, Teaching Professionals, Tournament Coordinator, Guest Services Attendants and Player Assistants.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops and updates ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
**We are looking for a candidate with strong tournament ops skills. Merchandising is another large component. The Candidate will have an opportunity to teach as well to supplement their income.**
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PGA Class "A" Member in good standing with exemplary communication skills.
- Possesses qualified teaching skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with computerized POS and tee time system and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of POS systems and Golf Reservation systems
- Enthusiastic servant leader - willing and able to mentor, develop and motivate subordinates.
- Strong business acumen able to develop and monitor annual and monthly budgets.
- Practice range, golf academy, tournament operations and tour wholesale sales experience is beneficial.