Sr Software Engineer
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Callaway is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Sr Software Engineer for the Digital CDP team. The position requires hands on experience in designing and implementing efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable CDP solutions of medium to high complexity in an enterprise environment. Design and Develop business critical cross functional integrations to enable efficient data transfer between systems to support Callaway’s Digital initiatives. The successful candidate would work independently as well as working with the other functional teams to understand the business process, functional design, and source data. The primary goal is to enjoy your work and develop your career while building integrations that are secure, reliable, scalable, and built to Callaway standards.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for identifying/enhancing/implementing industry best practices in CDP platform
- Collaborate with business partners to transform business requirements into CDP environment
- Produce scalable and flexible, high-quality integrations that satisfies both the functional and non-functional requirements
- Help with system architecture for each element and the whole integration pipeline
- Self-starter with ability and willingness to explore new technologies, learn quickly; able to thrive in an exciting, fast-paced environment
- Responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth, and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills; able to recognize and address areas needing improvement
- Collaborative team player with a positive outlook and “can-do” attitude
- Listening, verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate technical information into understandable terms to a variety of audiences
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks, responding effectively to competing needs
- Strong customer service orientation
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Hands on experience writing backend API services using Java scripts in a serverless framework.
- Proficiency with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with source control management systems, preferably Git
- Strong hands-on experience writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Working knowledge Lambda functions using Python and others.
- Experience with AWS, cloud deployments, DevOps, and web security
- Ability to contribute right away in code, quality standards, and Agile processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Preferred Certifications: AWS
- Minimum 5 Years of experience in a CDP environment
- Expert knowledge of Data Integration, ETL Batch and Real-time data processing
- Strong working knowledge across the technology stack including ETL, data analysis, metadata, data quality, audit, and design
- Strong SQL, PL/SQL experience
- Understating of NoSQL and Data Streaming concepts and technologies
- Strong working Knowledge of integration patterns
- Working knowledge one or more Cloud platforms
- Excellent analysis, debugging, troubleshooting, performance tuning and problem-solving skills are required
- Strong Agile experience and the ability to work on a cross functional, self-organizing development teams
- Excellent technical documentation writing skills
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.