Product Developer - Global Accessories
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Product Developer for Global Accessories is responsible for executing the product development process for the Ogio and Callaway product lines. This would be focused on Golf Gloves and accessories categories. Drawing on experience with sporting goods factories and knowledge of product development process incumbent will work with Design team from product Brief and take product from tech pack stage through sampling and into finished product at the manufacturer. Incumbent ensures that intended design, aesthetics, quality, delivery schedule and target cost and margin objectives have been achieved. The accessory product lines include golf gloves, tour bags and other accessory collections across corporate brands on a global basis.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transform accessory design from tech pack stage to final, approved product using knowledge of vendor resources, materials characteristics, and product functionality
- Translate critical features in working designs and tech packs for suppliers. Review and negotiate specific details during the sampling process related to design specifications.
- Daily interaction with overseas vendors and suppliers
- Manage all Prototype request submission, tracking and receipt
- Perform Proto review and prepare detailed feedback for communication with Design teams and suppliers.
- Act as liaison during development cycle with internal and external groups to ensure product is being developed as intended at each Proto stage (e.g.: Design Team, Engineering Team, Manufacturing Partners)
- Track development through internal WIPs and lead the communication on calendar timing, materials, sample schedule and risk avoidance to all stakeholders
- In coordination with Product Development Manager perform FOB cost analysis throughout the development cycle ensuring costing targets are met for all products
- Manage, coordinate and maintain fabric, trim, and sample library
- Maintain product development schedule/calendar ensuring all milestone and timelines are met
- Attend various industry related tradeshows/fabric markets/competitive shopping to identify accessory category trend and source innovation around fabric, trim, construction and components for Soft Goods categories
- Manage product suppliers for each category establishing and enforcing criteria for design, manufacturing and delivery execution while working with the Quality/Engineering function to ensure quality standards are met.
- Visit accessories manufacturers to oversee sampling and request material, engineering, quality and timeline changes as needed to meet product line plans and customer satisfaction of finished product.
- Work with the Quality Engineering to ensure proper material and durability testing is completed.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and Illustrator
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software experience preferred, but not required
- Strong knowledge of materials and trims used in the sporting goods product space with a focus on leathers and synthetic materials
- Thorough knowledge of golf accessories category technologies and general manufacturing principles.
- Strong knowledge of golf glove process from materials, patterns, and production processes.
- Solid knowledge of quality assurance methods.
- Solid knowledge of consumer fashion motivation as it relates to the golfing population with a strong understanding of product and materials.
- Experience working with Pantone Color Matching Systems
- Able to work with other departments within the company related to the function of the accessory business.
- Able to mange multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to represent the company to all levels of internal management and external suppliers/vendors in a professional manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous Soft Goods Experience, particularly Golf or Sporting Goods/Outdoor experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years of product design and/or development experience, preferably in sporting goods/outdoor accessories
- Degree in related field preferred
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer