Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Senior Technical Program Manager – Retail/Digital is responsible for leading multiple concurrent projects, and will have a strong technical background in retail store technologies, digital transformation, and digital platform engineering.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver program goals with business and technical teams aligned to key program objectives.
- Develop a clear view of dependencies and plans with well-defined milestones and responsibilities.
- Create, maintain, execute, and report on deployment and rollout strategies.
- Use analogies, metaphors, and stories to engage and show value without diving into technical weeds.
- Proactively identify and resolve gaps.
- Analyze and recommend balances of time, resources, and scope to optimize value delivery of business and technical programs.
- Simplify technical problems into practical solutions, facilitating trade-off discussions as needed.
- Foster a collaborative environment to collectively solve problems.
- Drive projects cross functionally, and work proactively with business teams to ensure program objectives are met.
- Establish metrics and regular reporting mechanisms.
- Support deep dive assessments and ad-hoc data analysis requests.
- Bring innovative ideas, finding better ways of engaging our customers and service owners, and solving problems.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Prepare program plans, effectively document epics and user stories, conduct daily standups, keep burndown and other metrics current. Conduct retrospectives and track and report dependencies.
- Solid communication skills to breakdown complex technical information in layman’s terms ensuring clear, concise status reporting to stakeholders that don’t necessarily have a technical background.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, product development, global service delivery, agile and waterfall project management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Demonstrated knowledge (4 - 7 years) relevant work experience, including technical program management experience.
- A first-hand working knowledge of current web, enterprise, retail, and cloud technologies.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Experience managing efforts in delivering distributed systems and/or developing large scale web and enterprise applications.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.