Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Enterprise Architect provides technology direction and utilizes technology research to help innovate, integrate and lead the implementation of a modern Enterprise Ecommerce Architecture that optimally supports Callaway Golf’s digital transformation journey. He/She will be responsible for the overall oversight and design of enterprise level e-Commerce and digital related technology projects from inception through implementation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the vision and engineering for platforms, services in the e-commerce domain.
- Establish and implement contemporary digital and e-commerce architectures capable of meeting a continuously changing industry and market environment to support Callaway’s strategic goals.
- Design detailed solutions within the eCommerce backend engineering team for eCommerce integrations technologies.
- Work closely with domain architects and software development teams to support and guide development teams implementing your solutions and educate teams on corresponding technical aspects.
- Develop and monitor adherence to integration standards and will utilize these standards to design solutions that meet operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability.
- Deep understanding of integration technologies and practices as well as the business acumen to develop overarching system designs.
- Design modifications to existing integrations while minimizing customization, design reusable components, and elimination of redundancy in designs throughout team's environment.
- Investigate new technologies and techniques and research ongoing industry developments through a partnership with the Architecture team.
- Create and maintain the middleware platform strategies and roadmaps, in partnership with other Application leaders.
- Mentor technical teams on adopting new ideas/technologies.
- Provide operational support to supported technology and systems within the International Digital organization.
- Designs and executes system strategies that ensure the scalability, availability, Performance, and the elasticity of the on premise infrastructure environments.
- Evaluates the impact of code on performance, scalability, and resiliency of the production infrastructure; provides advice and partners with development and operations teams to ensure production readiness and performance.
- Develops performance and scale test plans based on deep understanding of domain, architecture and product tech stack.
- Defines Caching schemes and CDN policies to optimize the customer experience across desktop and mobile platforms.
- Administers high availability and high performance environments, as well as manages large-scale deployments of traffic-heavy applications.
- Implements and optimizes tooling for the Development and Ops teams to improve efficiency, velocity, and stability.
- Leads root causes for performance and scalability issues and contributes to product code to alleviate these issues.
- Optimizes sizing of deployed component instances for cost optimization.
- Supports extended teams in troubleshooting problems, such as system malfunctions.
- Provides feedback, proposes solutions, and suggests improvements.
- Diagnose complex technical and business problems and provide creative solutions
- Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with the SAP Hybris commerce platform and SAP Product Suite in leading or assisting with technical and architectural development efforts
- Designing, building, testing and deploying the hybris solution components required for successful hybris solutions, including integration with SAP and non-SAP systems;
- Partnering with Digital, infrastructure & operations teams to deliver technical innovations in support of emerging/evolving business strategic needs
- Participate in technology strategy and integration plans for the Consumer Digital area including eCommerce, Stores, Corporate Office, and Marketing Systems.
- Participate in tech selection and implementation strategies for Consumer Digital technology; responsible for evaluating and recommending eCommerce IT platforms and solutions.
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent understanding of SAP Hybris solutions and business acumen
- Expertise in Hybris technical landscape, configuration and integration to third party systems such as Listrak, Crowd twist, Paymetric, Fit Analytics and so on
- Experience with enterprise-grade eCommerce platforms, marketplace solutions and PIM solutions.
- Expertise in Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) tools & practices is required.
- Expertise in Consumer eCommerce / Digital industry best practices & trends is required.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) and headless commerce architecture is desired.
- Enterprise & Solution Architecture experience is desired.
- Understanding of AI / ML and large dataset analysis for trends & anomalies is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, or related field.
- 7 - 10 years’ Experience as a technical architect for a major technology implementation of a B2C eCommerce platform (Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SAP Commerce/Hybris, and Oracle Commerce OR in-house on the cloud) preferred.
- Experience in Retail/CPG/Hi-Tech industry is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in developing enterprise services and application integrations (REST, SOAP, Web services XML and JSON)
- Experience with high volume B2C / B2B eCommerce systems
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, headless Commerce, API integration
- Proven track record of successfully delivering API/Middleware integration projects.
- Hold at least 1 active eCommerce Suite Architect or similar lever Certification.
- You are ready for working flexible work hours to match global project implementations and team interactions
- Experience directly leading, developing people and teams is required.
- Experience building microservices is required.
- Implementation experience in architecting sites with multilingual and global payment service providers/gateways
- Background in agile methodologies is highly valued.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism in working collaboratively at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.