Product Engineer - Putters
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under supervision, help support technical and logistical issues related to new programs. Works on projects from design into the production phase to ensure program success. Support fabrication methods and processes for complex R&D designs. Guarantees the supplier component and assembly quality in a high volume manufacturing environment. The position requires a person to work as a leader and team member interfacing with the following groups: Product and Industrial Design, Product Innovation, Product Performance, Program Management and Supply Networks, Testing, as well as Global Suppliers. Typical responsibilities which are within the scope of this position include: review of design for producibility, supplier liaison, analysis of data, process implementation, testing of components, the creation of product specifications and process flow and control documentation, process refinement to achieve Design intent including cosmetic finishing, establish quality criteria, determine supplier capabilities, audit supplier performance, generate qualification and inspection plans, and authorize the production release of the product.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Day to day support
- Responsible for supporting technical and integration aspects of product development including all components and processes therein.
- Act as the technical support between Product and Industrial Design, Product Innovation, Program Management and Supply Networks, and Global Suppliers.
- Track the creation of detailed drawings for new products by interfacing with: Product and Industrial Design and Suppliers.
- Set target and limit samples for components and clubs.
- Help manage component and club deviations.
- Help manage inspection gages and fixtures for components and clubs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Product/Process qualifications and improvements
- Implementation and/or refinement of existing fabrication methods/processes for transition of products into volume production.
- Monitor all tools of a given program to determine if components meet Design intent and specification. Generate tool and process releases to enable new products to go into volume production.
- Test components for durability and coordinate component distribution for player testing and Manufacturing pre-production testing.
- Assess Supplier processes for Process Capability as required to achieve and maintain sustained production.
- Work with the Supplier base to drive corrective action based on feedback from incoming inspection and manufacturing floor.
- Prepare test plans and reports (capability studies, qualification, and validation).
- Characterize key process parameters in Suppliers’ processes and provide control plan.
- Basic knowledge and experience utilizing engineering fundamentals and testing methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work with suppliers in an independent mode to solve technical problems.
- Ability to lead technical meetings and report project status.
- Experience with investment casting, forging, welding, metal finishing, coatings, and/or composites required.
- Experience with injection and compression molding helpful.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Siemens Team Center Engineering useful.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of quality methods and tools. This includes but is not limited to 6 Sigma, FMEA, Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Controls, Measure System Analysis.
- Able to work extended hours in critical situations.
- Valid passport required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Engineering or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 years related experience
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer