Directly supervises employees and/or supervisors, by carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Club’s policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Functions of the Job
- As a member of the management team, you will help develop and implement initiatives vital to the success of Augusta National’s Strategic Plan, especially as they relate to ticketing of the Masters Tournament.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities by managing and providing a work environment that promotes positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees.
- Drives strategy and development of the annual ticket sales and all associated processes and fulfillment.
- Responsible for the implementation of all ticketing operations including ticket inventory and security procedures.
- Management of ticketing and scanning operations at the tournament gates.
- Review the current ticketing process and implement any improvements that can contribute to an elevated experience for patrons.
- Leads the departmental creation and development or management of performance reporting and data analytics surrounding tickets and gate scans.
- Integrates quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate results.
- Identifies and monitors key financial indicators to gauge performance, identify trends, and suggest strategies that can impact results.
- Manage all year round fraud prevention efforts and manage all event day patron service ticket issues, including lost, stolen, and counterfeit tickets.
- Collaborate with Senior Director, Masters Tournament and Director of Masters Tournament on modeling new ticketing strategies and concepts.
- Works cooperatively with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders from across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
- Stay current with market trends and competitor positioning to be a subject matter expert regarding all aspects of ticket marketplaces across sports and entertainment.
- Monitor and evaluate the consumer purchasing journey for patrons.
- Provide recommendations for training and development plans overseeing all departmental training.
- Develop and coach Patron Services team.
- Performs all other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Analytical mind with the ability to analyze and interpret data to tell a story and create actionable insights.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with accuracy and utilize effective judgment under the pressure, to include time sensitive deadlines.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and confidently.
- High attention for detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a supporting role.
- Working knowledge of Windows-based computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent years of experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience
- 2 years in a leadership position preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work for this position is usually performed in a climate-controlled environment. However, the employee may be required to work outside in extreme heat, cold, rain, wind or inclement weather as the demands of the position so dictate.
Projected Work Schedule:
Normal work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as dictated by the needs of the business. Limited business and other Tournament travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk and work with hands and arms, lift up to 25 pounds and/or drive a golf cart. The employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear. The employee is constantly required to use their vision to perform an activity such as, but not limited to: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading. The employee is constantly required to sit, sometimes for several hours at a time, and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
Augusta National Golf Club offers*:
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Employee engagement activities and recognition events
- Years of Service awards
- Variety of healthcare coverage options
- 401(k) retirement plans
- Pension Plan (paid by employer)
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
*Based upon employee eligibility