Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: The Designer II will assist in the execution and implementation of all things related to the product creation process including upper patterns and toolings while at the same time contributing to the creation of assets for the overall brand including those that relate to creative direction including color palettes, graphic direction and branding executions for various franchises within the FootJoy ecosystem.
- Design and assist with development of new golf, dress and lifestyle footwear, including upper designs, outsole designs/engineering and necessary shoe components. Major role in color/graphic execution.
- Coordinate new specifications for patterns, materials and components with the individuals responsible for product development.
- Partner with Design, Product Management, Development, Brand Marketing, and Innovation to support global footwear objectives.
- Identify and select seasonal color/materials stories based on consumer/market research which meet customer needs in conjunction with financial impact.
- Create tech packs and additional development needs to ensure timely prototypes in conjunction with calendar deadlines.
- Conceptualize and develop new and progressive presentation formats.
- B.S. or BA, preferably in the field of Industrial Design is required.
- 5-7 years Footwear Design experience with a proven track record of design research, concept creation, comprehensive design rendering and detailing of shoes from initial samples through commercialization.
- Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects with strong time management skills.
- Strong awareness of material trends and usage.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere is a must.
- 25% International Travel primarily Asia based
- Proficiency in Adobe Design apps required. Experience working with PLM software and/or 3D software experience a plus.