Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: Successfully perform tasks as assigned in the Electrical-Mechanical Specialist job grade for Golf Ball Manufacturing Operations. Work independently on all facets of the Electrical-Mechanical Specialist responsibilities. Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, maintaining production machines and or improved equipment reliability. Participate in preventative and predictive maintenance practices. Effectively work with others within the team environment to achieve team goals. Effectively communicate with co-workers and Team Leaders, including continuous improvement activities. Perform all additional duties as assigned by Team Leader.
- Independently troubleshoot, repair and rebuild all types of complex electrical/electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatically controlled production equipment, with proficiency and versatility.
- Plan work for proper operational sequences, minimize interference, and delay of production. Perform preventive maintenance as directed by equipment schedule. Rebuild electrical mechanical devices.
- Work with Engineering to design, select, modify, and/or adapt equipment or procedures to specific project requirements.
- Test, Calibrate, and repair electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to establish standards, and assist in formulating calibrating standards.
- Additional Responsibilities: Required to maintain work records (work orders, PM's, Materials and parts) on computerized Maintenance system. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, vocational training preferred.
- The qualified candidate must meet one of the following sets of educational and experience requirements:
- 1. 100% successful completion of TPC educational requirements and a minimum of 3 years experience in an electrical discipline maintaining and repairing industrial equipment; or
- 2. Approved Technical Associates Degree/College Level certificate in Electrical/Electronic Discipline and a minimum of 3 years experience in an electrical discipline maintaining and repairing industrial equipment; or
- 3. A minimum of 7 years of industrial experience in a skilled trade with an electrical discipline with no formal post-secondary education.
- Will be required to complete TPC educational requirements for any skills gaps identified.
- Must have own trade tools.
- Demonstrated ability to install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain machinery and equipment. Formal electronic training on AC/DC circuits.
- Formal PLC training- basic overview of PLC function, communications, working knowledge of mechanical systems, and instrumentation & controls experience.
- Should work well with others and have good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge and use of safe work practices including Lock Out-Tag Out and NFPA - 70E.
- Read, write and speak English
- Follow manufacturing/equipment specifications
- Demonstrated mechanical skills techniques
- Perform basic math calculations
- Use blueprints and schematics
- Use a computer
- Use/understand measuring devices/tolerances
- Knowledge of hydraulic and/or electrical schematics
- Use various hand and power tools
- Learn and apply quality standards of workmanship/product
- Use machine tools such as drills, lathes, millers etc.