Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: To provide in-depth technical knowledge and support, from the hardware layer to the application layer, for business application systems. To ensure that business application systems are well managed, supported, monitored, upgraded and maintained to provide optimal performance, reliability and availability.
- Working with other IT groups, develop and execute plans for application software upgrades, operating system upgrades, service pack installations and hardware changes.
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 technical support in an efficient and expeditious manner.
- Assess new business application systems as part of an IT team to determine if they meet the requirements of the business and the requirements of our computing environment
- Design the hardware infrastructure for a business application system to ensure optimal performance. Include considerations for redundancy and scalability in the hardware infrastructure design.
- Install and configure application software in the production and test environments. Work closely with the software vendor(s) to document and execute installation procedures.
- Develop system turn-over documents and procedures when new systems are put into production. Adequately document the business application system to define the hardware infrastructure, data flows, system interfaces and other areas of importance.
- In concert with other IT groups, develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans. Participate in the annual testing of the DR plans for all Tier 1 applications.
- Promote application code into production, ensuring that Change Management procedures are followed in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Proactively measure system response times and performance. Implement appropriate performance tuning when necessary. Other duties as assigned
- Design and develop appropriate ways to monitor business application systems. Create procedures for the Operations Center to follow when thresholds have been reached and alerts are generated.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years in a technical support role supporting mission-critical applications.
- Possess proven project management skills and a strong service orientation. Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Can display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong team player with the ability to work on cross-functional teams. Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other associates.
- Commitment to deadlines and the ability to meet the needs of a 24x7 computing environment.