WE ARE A PRODUCT COMPANY.
WE ARE A PROCESS COMPANY.
ABOVE ALL, WE ARE A PEOPLE COMPANY.
The history of the Acushnet Company is tightly woven into the fabric of golf. From the start, we’ve been committed to enriching the experience of dedicated golfers through superior product performance, technological innovation, unmatched quality, and exceptional service. We are more than a collection of leading golf brands and products. We are a team united in our passion for the game. We are bridge builders who embrace our responsibility to leave our brands, businesses, communities, and the game of golf in a better position than when we started.
Together we live by the credo, “Autograph your work with excellence.” We earn our position as unrivaled leaders in every category in which we compete, striving for excellence in all that we do – from the performance and consistency of our products to our engagement with golfers and trade partners, to our commitment to creating a workplace built on diversity, inclusion, belonging and respect.
Vice President, Corporate Controller
As Vice President, Corporate Controller, you will be the key finance executive responsible for leading the worldwide accounting function of a $2+ billion global company. As a senior member of the finance team, you will provide leadership in managing the company’s accounting activities, ensuring alignment with our mission, core values, policies, and corporate strategy. You will need to ensure strong internal controls and compliance to all public company accounting regulatory requirements as well as responsibility for internal and external reporting and consolidation and accounting operations management. This role reports to the EVP & Chief Financial Officer and will serve on the Finance Leadership Team. You will be expected to interface with senior leaders, corporate executive committee members and key members of the Board of Directors.
- Lead all activities of the accounting function, including policy and process development and maintenance, accounting operations and systems, month-end close process, consolidation, and financial reporting in accordance US GAAP, IFRS and SEC guidance
- Oversee timely and accurate reporting of financial filings (10-K and 10-Q) with the SEC and financial reporting packages on an IFRS basis to majority shareholder
- Facilitate the understanding of financial results and underlying trends and advise executive management on various financial and accounting issues
- Establish strong relationships with cross-functional peers and lead the team to collaborate with and influence business partners and be the “go-to” accounting resource for them
- Establish and own relationship with external auditors and be responsible for quarterly and annual audits while also acting as the key liaison for deliverables to the company Audit Committee
- Research and conclude on the accounting treatment of complex transactions, provide expertise and direction on technical accounting matters, and evaluate the impact of new accounting pronouncements
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) control functions of the organization
- Provide accounting expertise and support on M&A transactions from pre-acquisition due diligence through post-acquisition integration
- Ensure that statutory reporting to local and international government regulators is fulfilled by the mandated deadlines Manage all staffing concerns (hiring, training, supervision, continuous development, etc.) related to the department
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and CPA certification required, Master’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or MBA preferred
- 12-15+ years public accounting or global finance experience
- SEC reporting knowledge and experience
- Public company Board of Directors exposure, including Audit Committee preferred
- Finance transformation and M&A experience
- Experience operating within a large, complex global business environment
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting requirements under both US GAAP and IFRS; experience in multi-currency & multi-country financial reporting
- Experience in internal controls including SOX for monthly and quarterly reporting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to plan and execute at strategic and tactical levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to connect with all organizational levels and inspire individuals to embrace change
- Ability to maintain productive work partnerships and manage a high performing team with a matured approach to leadership and problem solving