Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Vice President, Corporate Finance will be the key finance executive responsible for leading the worldwide corporate development activities of a $2+ billion global company. As a senior member of the finance leadership team, the VP, Corporate Finance will oversee a range of key finance areas including architecting our capital structure, driving our capital allocation strategy, and evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions and other business development opportunities. The Vice President will report to the EVP & Chief Financial Officer and will serve on the Finance Leadership Team. Additionally, this leader will interface with senior leaders, corporate executive team members and key members of the Board of Directors.
- Develop and lead the Acushnet Corporate Finance function, ensuring our capital structure and capital allocation strategy is aligned to business goals.
- Review and recommend capital structure positioning for the optimal mix of cash, debt, return of capital, and strategic acquisition firepower.
- Liaise with the company’s bankers and ratings agencies to handle existing debt and credit lines, as well as any new issuances and re-financings; recommend and implement related interest rate exposure management activities.
- In partnership with executive and functional leadership teams, establish corporate development strategy and M&A framework to support overall organizational goals.
- Lead M&A and Business Development activities. Develop universe of M&A and new business opportunities, lead cross-functional deal teams in due diligence, financial analysis, valuation, and deal structuring.
- Drive post-merger integration to ensure ongoing success and report metrics and recommended actions to management.
- Lead in establishing best practices and standardization across the company and global finance organization and ensure that our Corporate Finance capabilities stay ahead of the increasing complexity of our business.
- Evolve strategy for foreign exchange hedging, trading controls, policies and procedures, and quarterly reporting of hedging results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance required, Master’s Degree in Finance or MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in corporate finance, strategy consulting, investment banking, growth and/or private equity and/or corporate strategy and corporate development roles.
- Deep subject matter expertise in Finance with an extensive network of external relationships that can be used to keep a pulse on the industry, business, and competitor dynamics.
- Strong knowledge and experience in deal execution, experience leading complex transactions within a global, matrixed organization.
- Firm grounding in transaction accounting and SEC reporting, international tax and legal entity structures.
- Hands-on leader who inspires and mentors’ colleagues and direct reports with clear thinking, market insights and problem-solving.