Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: Direct and manage the Manufacturing activities for Ball Plant 3 Core Side operations. Direct multiple departments of the Mfg. Org. & Mfg. Process to deliver required production to meet business needs while controlling WIP, direct labor, material usage, and destroy/LIP for Core Side to business plan. Develop and expand capability of the Core Side organization/processes to meet future needs and remain competitive.
- Manage Team Leaders and other resources to deliver appropriate volume on time, at or below planned costs and quality meeting or exceeding Titleist standards. Manage direct labor, WIP, raw material usage, and Core Side destroy/LIP to be at or below Business Plan levels.
- Coach and develop Team Leaders and hourly leads to expand their capabilities over time. Ensure Department Team Leaders and operators function as a Team with the best results for the department as a whole in mind.
- Lead Safety, Quality Improvement, Cost reduction and Productivity efforts to drive a continuous improvement environment throughout Core Side operations.
- Utilize and train staff and select associates in the use of Lean Six Sigma troubleshooting and Continuous Improvement methodologies and tools.
- Work with Plant Leadership Team to determine long-term direction and create appropriate action plan.
- Develop appropriate production, staffing, budget plans, etc. to meet business plan and department objectives in support of Ball Plant 3 deliverables.
- Develop sufficient Technical Capability to run an efficient, low-cost operation.
- Interface with Plant and Advanced Engineering and R&D to implement new product and process technologies in the Core Side operations.
- BS in Engineering/technical discipline or other 4 year degree in a related field.
- At least 7 years of progressive growth in Manufacturing operation management, including exempt associate leadership and coaching to deliver outstanding results.
- Preferred- Lean/Six Sigma (Black Belt) Necessary- Working knowledge of DMAIC or other standardized/structured problem solving/improvement methodology Necessary.
- Strong communication skills- verbal (large & small groups) and written.