Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Team Leader II FJ Custom Operations Graphics & Gloves will supervise production and QA processes. Qualiid candidate will ensure Acushnet Company policies are understood and followed. Facilitate daily manufacturing and lead continuous improvements. Maintain, revise and define processes to ensure Acushnet Company quality standards are met by internal production as well as outside suppliers and subcontractors.
- Supervise operation ensuring proper procedures are followed and assignments are prioritized.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
- Set clear team goals.
- Monitor team performance, discover training needs and provide coaching.
- Motivate team members.
- Meet production goals for productivity and lead-times while maintaining quality.
- Maintain all safety and health standards within the department.
- Delegate specific job duties or tasks to staff.
- Responsible for monitoring employee schedules, vacations and any time off requests.
- Troubleshoot production issues such as machine, computer, personnel, product and raw material issues so that down time is minimized and lead times are maintained.
- Analyze production limitations.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate quality assurance processes and other operating procedures.
- Apply statistical methods to evaluate capability of processes.
- Implement programs to resolve any new process or product quality issues and identify modifications needed for products or processes.
- Identify, investigate, prioritize, and implement multiple concurrent process improvement projects to drive customer satisfaction and business productivity.
- Design, develop, and implement testing procedures and equipment using internal and external resources.
- Test, analyze results, and report findings on raw materials and finished goods for glove, apparel, sock, and accessory products.
- Testing purposes include NPD, comfort studies, competitive studies, developing certificates of compliance (COCs) for Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) standards, and confirmation of compliance with industry and/or Acushnet Co standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Textile Science or related Engineering, Physical or Life Science or related field is preferred.
- 5 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Experience in all aspects of custom embroidery operation, set up & implementation.
- Strong leadership skills required to drive team, process and capability development.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Project Management and other Process/Control Methodologies preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred.
- Excellent Communication Skills with effective Interpersonal and Presentation Skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Working knowledge of Melco and Barudan machines.
- Some experience with digitizing embroidered logos, graphic design and Adobe strongly preferred.