Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: As the GBO Senior Automation and Controls Technician your main responsibility will be to deliver and maintain Control Systems that meet productions requirements (i.e. process optimization), perform as necessary to achieve functionality and safety obligations, and maximize system capability. This includes leadership of the system migration and lifecycle process, maintenance recommendation and oversight of installed base equipment, membership on key control systems related teams, and coordination of concepts with Production and Quality. You will support plant troubleshooting efforts when problems arise and provide off-hours support as required.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) level support of all automated process control systems.
- Establish project execution plan, decision process, and change management / Change Notice procedures. Develop and execute project communication plan and develop project charter. Develop project funding strategies. Negotiate/Coordinate project downtime requirements with appropriate resources. Communicate project information to all levels of leadership.
- Lead development of new ways to apply PLC’s. Establish and maintaining supplier relationships. Lead scope development, control narrative development & define control system
- Evaluate vendors suggested equipment for drives application. Serves as a resource for most complex applications. (i.e. 3 or more axis, unique communication, HMI etc.) requirements.
- Design instrument & sensor applications to improve equipment performance. Provide recommendations on maintenance and calibration.
- Ensure proper management of change is followed for all safety system modifications.
- Initiates/engages in problem solving and develop short-term and long-term actions to prevent problem reoccurrence for chronic equipment issues.
- Associates degree in electrical engineering or similar degree or 10 years of technician work in the manufacturing. Electrician's License required.
- Familiarity with machine vision systems, robotic systems, a broad range of PLC and other programmable devices, HMI’s, and other automation systems. Knowhow about fieldbuses and industrial communication protocols (like Ethernet IP, Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus, DeviceNet, OPC, etc.).
- Ability to develop and modify control system design diagrams and drawings (P&ID, electrical schematics, I/O lists, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings, etc.) using AutoCad Electrical software.
- Knowledge of advanced features of Microsoft Word (templates, content control, properties, cross reference, etc.) and Microsoft Excel (tables, calculation with named columns, data model, etc.).
- Some travel may be required to support current facilities and other locations, attend trade shows, seminars, training and educational events.
- Must be able to be in a manufacturing environment on a regular basis for extended periods of time and is therefore exposed to dust, heat, chemicals, and noise that is present in a manufacturing environment.
- Formal training in machine vision, robotics, PLC functionality. Working knowledge of mechanical systems, power, instrumentation, and controls.
- Working knowledge of CAD drawing systems.