Senior Software Engineer R&D
Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: Conduct projects to design, develop, implement, and maintain network-connected R&D test equipment to be integrated with the department enterprise solution (CLUBHOUSE). Propose and implement required software (writing custom code and integrating 3rd party software).
- Design/Build network-connected R&D test equipment that interfaces with sensors to collect data.
- Propose and create or source software required for their operation.
- This will include integration with department enterprise solution (CLUBHOUSE).
- Supervise efforts to troubleshoot existing applications and conduct system maintenance with a goal of ZERO (unscheduled) DOWNTIME, coordinating efforts with hardware design and maintenance staff.
- Supervise strategies for preventative maintenance and/or generational replacement for both software and hardware in test systems.
- Conduct projects to evaluate the accuracy and consistency of data collected by test devices.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure conformance to code standards for test devices.
- Evaluate end user functionality of test systems and propose actions to develop improved or new systems.
- Survey available and investigate selected 3rd party software and identified hardware for application and compatibility with Titleist systems.
- Participate with departmental efforts to expand and improve the operation and use of CLUBHOUSE.
- As identified, create invention records with a purpose of retaining and broadening our Freedom to Operate within golf ball design, manufacturing, and testing.
- BS in Electrical Engineering AND Computer Engineering or Software Engineering (dual major would be ideal). Coursework should have an emphasis on mathematics and the physical sciences.
- Advanced and/or second degree(s) preferred. Continuing coursework/formalized training with emerging software applications required.
- 8+ years experience in the design and implementation of network-connected devices. Demonstrated expertise with IoT architecture.
- 5+ years experience required designing and developing applications in Microsoft Visual Studio required with use of IDE and Debugger.
- Demonstrated object-oriented programming skills required.
- 5+ years experience with C#, Java, C++ required.
- Must have demonstrated capability with SQL Server.
- Must have demonstrated ability to connect hardware through API or SDK, such as National Instruments Measurement Studio, RESTful API, or Websockets AND through serial, USB, TCP/IP, and digital or analog inputs.
- Must pass Health Services screening, including accurate color vision.
- Must not be adversely affected by chemicals in a laboratory, golf ball manufacturing or golf course environment.
- Must be capable of listing 40 pounds and able to travel locally daily. Must be able to travel overnight, occasionally on short notice.
- STRONG PREFERENCE for golfers having a working knowledge of the role of equipment in a player's experience; particularly the relationship between golf ball product attributes and performance.