Financial & Systems Analyst
Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: The Financial & Systems Analyst will provide system maintenance for our financial planning software. They will support monthly forecast and annual budget processes. Verify monthly forecast and budget submissions to ensure accuracy of the numbers reported in the system with figures provided by management teams. Assist with streamlining and improving financial reporting and identify/implement process improvements that enhance the accuracy and timeliness of our overall management reporting process.
- Provide system administration and maintenance for our financial planning software.
- This includes but not limited to account setup, forecast actualization, restatement and securities maintenance.
- Work with software architects and IT to configure and test system applications for new releases.
- Work with accounting team to maintain dimension members and their hierarchies.
- Provide ongoing support to help improve and maintain the financial planning and reporting system.
- Troubleshoot system issues as they arise and provide timely solution and feedback.
- Support monthly forecasting and annual budget processes.
- Verify monthly forecast and budget submissions to ensure accuracy of the numbers reported in the system with figures provided by management teams.
- Prepare and distribute monthly actual and forecast reports including monthly volume reporting.
- Assist with the analysis of financial and operational results versus forecast, business plan and actual results; research and understand the root causes of the variance.
- Work on special projects and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Assist with streamlining and improving management/financial reporting and identify/implement process improvements that enhance the accuracy and timeliness of our overall financial planning reporting process.
- Maintain effective internal controls associated with the system.
- Ensure SOX compliance by documenting systems and security changes.
- BS Degree in a Finance/Accounting related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in financial planning and forecasting, financial statement analysis and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with web-deployed financial planning software.
- Ability to dive into financial data as well as analyze and manipulate financial data into specific formats/reporting as needed.
- Ability to communicate with partners in a clear and concise manner.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical, decision making and communication skills.