Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: As the cloud architect, you will be responsible for setting and leading the strategy for moving Acushnet workloads to the cloud in a safe, scalable and well architected manner. You will partner with technologists across the organization to fully understand the operational characteristics and challenges of the IT ecosystem to help create the roadmap and associated policies and best practices to support our journey to the cloud. You will provide hands-on expertise when necessary to assist the organization in adopting new cloud practices and tools.
- Identify needs and create artifacts to standardize the IT ecosystem through published standards, policies, and best practices.
- Assess current state of IT ecosystems and partner with IT and the business to define a desired target state.
- Coach/Mentor less experienced associates on “new” technologies and practices that are determined to be our desired target states.
- Assist in the implementation of new and innovative tools and processes while teaching teams be self-sufficient.
- Participate in governance-related processes to help guide the organization towards defined target states (e.g. – ARB reviews).
- Partner with the business and IT associates to identify innovative solutions. Assist with POC/pilot implementations to help determine efficacy.
- Communicate the vision for the future though formal and informal presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related program.
- 12+ years as an architect or technical domain specialist.
- Demonstrated expertise in AWS and cloud related concepts such as security, containers, observability/telemetry, networking.
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms.
- Effectively communicate with IT resources as well as with business partners.
- Must be able to present to senior management as well as to the many technologists.
- Highly effective coach and mentor to assist teams with their cloud adoption goals.
- Strong influence skills.
- Organizational leadership.