Titleist, golf’s symbol of excellence, is the game's leading performance equipment brand, having earned the overwhelming trust of tour professionals, club professionals, competitive amateurs, and dedicated golfers worldwide. The Titleist golf ball embodies superior performance, innovative design and technology, precision manufacturing and unmatched quality. Titleist is the unequivocal #1 ball in golf and has been for over 70 years—and still counting. Titleist also has an unwavering commitment to design and develops the best- performing clubs in the game to support a leading club fitting and trial platform to maximize dedicated golfers’ performance experience. Titleist golf gear, comprised of golf bags, headwear, travel gear, accessories, and golf glove, also delivers the performance and quality excellence promised in every product that bears the Titleist script.
Job Title: Director Club Quality
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Salary Range: $135,000 - $176,000, plus bonus eligibility
Manage the World Wide Golf Club Operations Quality activities to ensure that club quality meets or exceeds Acushnet or Governing Body standards. Create, implement and execute quality standards for global component supply chain and finished good assembly operations worldwide. Provide technical support, quality management and training for worldwide Quality Assurance staff, Customer Service and Sales departments. Effectively manage the team responsible for manufacturing bills of material, routings, engineering change requests, change orders, and AGS production floor execution. Capitalize on associate skills, abilities and differences to implement continuous quality improvement. Apply expert knowledge of golf club design and manufacturing processes to direct the global Quality Assurance team goals and requirements.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in quality assurance, product data management, and QA testing in golf club design and golf club manufacturing processes.
- Ten (10) years of golf club and golf club component quality related experience.
- Five (5) years of proven project management experience.
- Three (3) years previous experience in a management role with responsibilities that included interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must Commute between locations. Must travel to International vendor sites and other Acushnet sites worldwide.
- A valid passport is required with the ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 12% a year.
- Must possess and apply expert knowledge of golf club manufacturing processes including but not limited to: forging, forming, stamping, casting, polishing, buffing, plating, PVD, welding, painting, labeling, stamping, engraving, etching, blasting, packaging etc.
- Exceptional analytical ability, attention to detail to ensure integrity of new/revised product.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and execute product changes.
- Strong knowledge of ERP principles, practices and procedures.
- Must possess exceptional technical skills with the ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging programs/software.
- Advanced skill set in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), AGS, and Cognos (optional) Expert knowledge of six sigma principles, lean manufacturing and 5S methodology.
- Demonstrated competency in the following areas: Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time; Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention; Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures. Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Establish and execute raw material (component) standards by studying and analyzing manufacturing requirements and process capabilities. This includes devising testing methods and procedures.
Establish and execute finished goods standards by studying and analyzing process trends and process capabilities. This includes devising testing methods and procedures.
Facilitate, review, and approve, the creation, maintenance, and distribution of quality and assembly documentation for worldwide club assembly operations.
Define quality standards and manage the creation, maintenance, and distribution of quality standard related documentation for worldwide raw material vendor base.
Responsible for new vendor qualifications, new product qualifications at existing vendors, new process qualifications for new and existing products.
Key Relationships: VP of Golf Club Operations
How To Apply:
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements via the apply button for this job at: https://employment.acushnetgolf.com/ and must submit a resume in "MS Word Form ONLY" in order to be considered.