Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: The Manager, Golf Ball Fitting Operations will implement, execute, and directly manage a golf ball fitting ecosystem consisting of diverse in-field experiences designed to connect with and fit a breadth of dedicated golfers into the best golf ball for their game, solidifying the position of Titleist as the #1 Fitter in Golf.
- Tour Level Golf Ball Fitting Program - Responsible for the hiring, training, and development of regional Titleist Tour Level Golf Ball Fitters that serve as the face of the Titleist golf ball brand to dedicated golfers across the U.S. Determine appropriate goals for the collective group and by region, track results, and work with each individual fitter to implement a region-specific strategy to achieve/exceed stated goals.
- Golf Ball Intern Program – Responsible for the training and day-to-day management of seasonal Golf Ball Interns. Consult with HR and Talent Acquisition teams to provide appropriate support for Titleist intern recruiting days. Manage all aspects of Golf Ball Internship orientation and training, and manage day to day operations of all Golf Ball Interns for duration of internship.
- Virtual Golf Ball Consultations – Oversee the implementation and continued execution of the Virtual Golf Ball Consultation experience. Train new Fitting associates on Virtual Consultation best practices.
- Planning, Scheduling, and Forecasting - Provide strategic guidance regarding fitting event logistics for the Tour Level Ball Fitting Team, Virtual Consultations, and Golf Ball Interns, which includes assisting with schedule development, venue planning, resource and equipment planning and ordering, and establishing adherence to all data collection procedures. Create the annual golf ball product forecast for all fitting program initiatives and oversee management of product inventory.
- Partner Golf Ball Fitting Network – Establish and manage a Golf Ball Fitting Network leveraging Titleist Staff Partners, Golf Ball Ambassadors, other PGA Professionals, and Titleist fitting tools and technology to broaden the reach of the Titleist golf ball fitting methodology to effectively fit more dedicated golfers across all channels (green-grass, off-course, sporting goods).
- Special Events and Media - Present golf ball fitting content at special events, to trade partners, and to media partners.
- Reporting and Success Metrics - Develop all necessary reporting to track and measure success of fitting programs and initiatives. Evaluate effectiveness and impact of all U.S. based golf ball fitting strategies. Make appropriate recommendations for enhancements and alternations to golf ball fitting strategies and initiatives based on gathered feedback and data.
- Budget - Track Golf Ball Fitting budget on a monthly basis to monitor adherence to budget plan and provide periodic updates to manager. Provide support to manager in the development of annual budget plan.
- B.S. or B.A. required.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in golf industry with understanding of golfers, golf ball performance and fitting. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required with demonstrated ability to motivate and manage teams. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Detail oriented with solid business acumen.
- Extensive domestic travel (up to 50% of time) and ability to work extended hours in an outdoor environment.
- Strong golf knowledge and passion for the game required.