The Director, Digital Commerce Technology will be responsible for supporting and expanding the organization’s trade commerce sites (B2B) and direct-to-consumer (DTC) custom applications, as well as customer order entry and sales applications. In addition, this position partners with multiple business areas in support of various digital projects and commerce platforms. Reporting to the VP, Application Services - IT, this role presents an excellent opportunity to build and operate a best-in-class digital technology services organization.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, out-of-the-box thinker, who is curious and asks questions and not afraid to roll up their sleeves; Ability to influence and engage diverse audiences including senior executives. You will arrive with a proven track record building and developing talent that has the business acumen and technical capability to deliver world-class products, differentiated customer experiences, strategic partnerships, and sustainable ecosystems.
- Responsible for the technology stack for Acushnet’s trade partner B2B (SAP Commerce Cloud) e-commerce platform, including application roadmap, global deployment, software release/version and vendor/ managed service management.
- In partnership with the business, responsible for the global rollout of the B2B solution as well as the corresponding B2B2C solution, Acushnet Pro Shop.
- Responsible for custom sales application (Oasis/iAvenue) development and delivery, as well as customer order entry / customer service applications.
- Provide strategic oversight, including application roadmap, global deployment, software release/version and vendor services management.
- Partner with the eCommerce CoE, brand DTC teams, and IT teams to ensure that technology needs in support of all eCommerce initiatives are met and addressed, projects are adequately resourced, IT controls are followed, and timelines are met.
- Develop and manage budgets. Collaborate with the IT leadership to develop the department budget to ensure alignment between IT and business needs; manages operating budgets to meet business plan objectives and to optimize resource utilization; creates project appropriation requests (PARs), approves projects and manages project spending against forecasts.
- Oversee creation and compliance with development standards and best practices. Ensure the consistent adherence to system development lifecycle standards including proper testing, documentation, and compliance with appropriate regulatory and audit requirements; ensures that applications are designed, built, and deployed in a secure manner to protect corporate information assets; explores opportunities and initiates activities to improve software development quality, and to decrease the time and cost required to deliver software.
- Lead and develop others. Manage performance appraisals, recruiting, career development, and salary administration; fosters a collaborative, cross-functional culture and successfully influences business functions and executive management; identifies individual and team skill gaps and development opportunities to facilitate individual and team development; holds resources accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals and to maintain consistent practices across the IT organization; resolves individual and group performance issues in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required.
- 15+ years of experience in a focused technology role.
- 10+ years of experience with omnichannel digital commerce-related experience.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role - retail or consumer goods industry experience is highly preferred; experience with SAP Commerce Cloud B2B (Hybris).
- Experience managing teams that create/enhance/maintain custom consumer / order-based applications.
- Experience running technology and application development teams, with a focus on consumer facing applications and platforms.
- Fluent in the application development and deployment lifecycle both from an in-house and vendor/cloud-based perspective.
- Domestic and some international travel may be required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
- Fosters and builds a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge the various stakeholders involved in a project - meets internal and external customer expectations.
- Delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect.
- Strong experience in scoping and writing statements of work, producing project estimates, developing timelines and project plans, drafting functional specifications, and financial tracking
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and the constant demands of servicing multiple verticals with pooled resources.
- Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved.
- Results Focus conscientious worker who can be counted on to meet or exceed goals while pushing self and others for results and who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles