Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands. We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Job Title: Machine Millwright
Job Objective: Successfully perform tasks as assigned in the Machine Millwright job grade for Golf Ball Manufacturing.
- Work independently on all facets of the Machine Millwright responsibilities.
- Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing complex industrial equipment.
- Assist in modification to existing machinery and equipment to facilitate new production techniques and or improved equipment reliability.
- Participate in preventive and predictive maintenance practices.
- Effectively work with others within the team environment to achieve team goals.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and Team Leaders, including continuous improvement activities.
- Independently troubleshoot, repair and rebuild all types of mechanical assemblies with proficiency and versatility. These assemblies may be manual or automatic and be inclusive with electric, pneumatic or hydraulic systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance as directed by equipment schedule.
- Perform basic fabrication, piping and machining.
- Perform troubleshooting by having the ability to isolate and distinguish sources of problems in plant production equipment using prints, schematics, communications and operators, engineers, Team Leaders, or vendors.
- Attend maintenance specific training sessions and classes as appropriate.
This job description is designed to broadly cover the activities and responsibilities required of the employee to be successful in the role. It is not designed to contain a specific list of all job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be changed or be assigned at any time based on business need with or without notice.
- The qualified candidate must meet one of the following sets of educational and experience:
1. 100% successful completion of TPC educational requirements and a minimum of 3 years of experience maintaining and repairing industrial equipment.
2. Approved Technical Associates Degree/College Level certificate in Mechanical Discipline and a minimum of 3 years of experience maintaining and repairing industrial equipment.
3. A minimum of 7 years of industrial experience in a skilled trade with no formal post secondary education.
- Must have own trade tools.
- Must successfully complete Machine Millwright skills assessment & multi-plant interview.
- Demonstrate ability to install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain machinery and equipment.
- Ability to dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators, using hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks, and tractors.
- Ability to inspect machinery and equipment to identify irregularities and malfunctions.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot & maintain power transmission, vacuum, pneumatic systems.
- Must have basic knowledge of electronic controls.
- Must have successfully completed formalized basic pneumatics, and motors/pumps training.
- Must demonstrate strong work ethic and commitment to hours of operation. An example includes strict adherence to attendance expectations.
- Must work effectively, both independently as well as within a team, as appropriate.
- Must demonstrate respect for organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Safety and Quality.
- Must demonstrate respect for others through effective communication with peers, team leaders, and managers.
- Must pass all Health Services testing requirements for this position.