Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Summary: Develop and implement advanced engineering projects utilizing custom automation control solutions and software to improve operational efficiencies in a manufacturing environment.
- Generate scope of work and procure vendor bids for assigned projects or proposals.
- Act as project lead, supervising external contractors and internal personnel, ensuring timely periodic communication with stakeholders for project status, estimates, design reviews, purchasing, quality acceptance, training, and technology transfer.
- Develop and direct software and hardware solutions to support innovative activities for motion control, vision inspection and data collection.
- Maintain awareness of existing and new technology, systems, and applications.
- Support project manager or lead engineer during FAT (Factory Acceptance)/SAT (Site Acceptance) testing, equipment installation. startup, and commissioning with machine control debugging and troubleshooting.
- Provide design, installation, maintenance, and safety documentation for new machinery control systems, including schematics, software manuals, functional specifications, and maintenance procedures.
- Conduct training of maintenance and associates on new equipment, providing complete operational descriptions and documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years electrical engineering experience, with at least half in a manufacturing environment managing engineering projects.
- In-depth understanding of common controls architecture Rockwell Automation Technology preferred, including PLC, HMI, Drive Controllers and Communication software (RSLinx, RSLogix, FactoryTalk View, Ethernet, Devicenet).
- Working experience with Solidworks/AutoCAD. Understanding of industrial machines including the integration of electromechanical or pneumatic motion and robotics.
- Must be able to be present in the manufacturing environment and interact with equipment on a regular basis for extended periods of time and is therefore, subject to normal exposures to dust, heat, chemicals, and noise present in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) between facilities to support installations, vendors, and training for meetings, tool analysis and presentations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IEC and NFPA -70E standards, working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Experience with the Six Sigma and Lean methodologies and tools.