Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Manager of Distribution Outsourced Operations will serve as liaison to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships, facilitate communications and coordinate activities with 3PL leadership team at multiple MidWest outsourced distribution locations. Monitor and report on key performance indicators which include, but are not limited to, on time shipping, order accuracy, inventory accuracy, production efficiency, cost per unit. Provide guidance and develop action plans for continuous improvement projects through a collaborative approach and subsequently report on progress. Authorize invoicing and budgets for 3PL operations. Provide leadership to the local operations support team.
- Lead performance feedback meetings regarding KPIs, budget, costs analysis etc with 3PL leadership to create and execute action plans to resolve problems concerning transportation, inventory, logistics systems, KPIs, and customer issues.
- Check on 3PL performance on implementing agreed corrective action items.
- Lead local operations support team in work goals and priorities.
- Provide training and development for assigned associates.
- Ensure associates receive timely communication on all company programs and policies.
- Review performance on regular basis and provide feedback/retraining/recognition as appropriate.
- Ensure all operational safety rules/guidelines are being followed.
- Provide assigned associates with access to corporate/HR resources as needed.
- Liaise with internal customers on current and projected 3PL performance with focus on throughput capacity, processing timeliness, quality of shipment, and efficiency of operations.
- Serve as the escalation point for resolution of 3PL performance issues and provide continuous communication with internal customers on issue resolution.
- Research and resolve customer experiences that may result in chargebacks, split deliveries, and other quality issues.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for outsourced operations and provide ROI based analysis to support any recommendation.
- Deliver several improvement projects for contracted operations each year.
- Review, validate and approve + $30 Million invoicing related to the 3PL operations to include auditing, disputing and arbitration of unresolved billing.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, Management Operations, logistics or Technical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of vendor management experience in a 3PL environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in a distribution operations environment.
- Prior experience in continuous improvement with a proven record of leading successful operational improvements in a matrix organization with indirect reporting relationships.
- The position will require the ability to observe activities throughout a distribution center. The majority of effort will be in an office environment with significant use of personal computer and various software packages.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Warehouse management systems and typical warehouse systems integration solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization; must be able to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to read and understand Profit and Loss statements and production reports is required.
- A competent negotiator with the ability to deliver win-win agreements between Acushnet Company and outsourced service providers.