Titleist, golf’s symbol of excellence, is the game's leading performance equipment brand, having earned the overwhelming trust of tour professionals, club professionals, competitive amateurs, and dedicated golfers worldwide. The Titleist golf ball embodies superior performance, innovative design and technology, precision manufacturing and unmatched quality. Titleist is the unequivocal #1 ball in golf and has been for over 70 years—and still counting. Titleist also has an unwavering commitment to design and develops the best- performing clubs in the game to support a leading club fitting and trial platform to maximize dedicated golfers’ performance experience. Titleist golf gear, comprised of golf bags, headwear, travel gear, accessories, and golf glove, also delivers the performance and quality excellence promised in every product that bears the Titleist script.
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE)
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Salary Range: $81,000 - $101,000 Annually, plus bonus eligibility
Lead continuous improvement projects in golf club manufacturing. Provide manufacturing technical support including process monitoring and capability improvement for supply chain component manufacturing. Assist in the development and alignment of plant quality systems to ensure conformance to the Acushnet Company quality systems.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field. Certification in Six Sigma principles preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Quality Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering required.
- Must have working knowledge of quality tools including DOE, capability studies, and Gauge R&R. Must have applied understanding of SPC and computerized quality systems.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities.
- ERP system experience a plus.
- Golf club manufacturing experience preferred.
- This position will spend extended periods of time in a manufacturing environment.
- International and Domestic travel required.
- Must be a skilled communicator able to provide clear information and direction.
- Knowledge of DOE, SPC, Gauge R&R, ERP Systems, Quality Systems, Process Capability.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Report Quality KPIs (Key Process Indicators) and detailed reporting including (but not limited to):
- AQL pass/fail rates
- Defect rates
- RTV rates
- CP/CPk (Process Capability)
Monitor incoming component inspection data sources.
Identify and pursue opportunities for the continuous improvement of Titleist products and processes related to component manufacturing and capability.
Providing technical advice and guidance to suppliers to reduce defect rates.
Create inspection plans for new products.
Perform gauge studies and identify new technologies for measuring key specifications.
Develop component durability test methods and standards.
In collaboration with the Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, and R&D teams, design and implement formal Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) to be followed by supply chain partners, including (but not limited to):
- Process Control Plans (PCPs)
- Process capability studies
- DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis) and PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
Communicate nonconformance incidents to vendors
- Send SCARs and manage them to completion
- Write deviations when applicable
Work with vendors to conduct process capability studies, gauge studies, etc.
Participate in DFM meetings for new product introductions.
Perform Vendor audits (travel required).
Key Relationships: Director, Club Quality
How To Apply:
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements via the apply button for this job at: https://employment.acushnetgolf.com/ and must submit a resume in "MS Word Form ONLY" in order to be considered.