Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under general supervision, incumbent is involved with the international tax matters including preparation and review of federal and international income tax compliance, planning and research as well as financial reporting. Provide overall audit support for Federal and local country income tax audits. Incumbent is considered an experienced member of the staff group that works on projects with various leadership personnel including the Tax Manager, and Tax Director.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare US tax compliance requirements as they relate to foreign operations, including computation of subpart F income, foreign tax credit, GILTI, BEAT, FDII and related forms, disclosures and schedules.
- Prepare and/or review calculations and forms with respect to US tax compliance related to international operations (e.g. Forms 5471, 8865, 8858 and 926).
- Prepare and/or review miscellaneous compliance filings including but not limited to F1042 withholding, and information reporting (e.g. FinCEN), etc.
- Assist with preparation of transfer pricing documentation to be timely filed with the U.S. return and additional Country by Country reporting obligations.
- Prepare and/or review foreign tax credit computation.
- Assist with ASC 740 and FIN 48 calculations.
- Assist with financial reporting calculations regarding deferred taxes as applicable.
- Assist with Return-To-Provision calculations as they relate to the foreign jurisdictions.
- Assist with review of local country financial statements.
Audit Preparation, Support and Management
- Assist with tax audits related to foreign jurisdictions and support US tax audits as related to international inquiries.
Research and Planning
- Conduct and document intermediate research related to federal and foreign income tax compliance issues as needed.
- Monitor US international tax developments, tax reform and assist with determining ongoing impact to the company.
- Facilitate departmental communication with business groups such as Accounting, Credit, Accounts Payable and Purchasing to ensure tax reporting is in compliance.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel
- Intermediate 10-key operation skills
- SAP or equivalent financial accounting system knowledge preferred
- Intermediate time management skills
- Expert knowledge and use of tax compliance software (OneSource preferred)
- Intermediate understanding of accounting/business concepts and principles
- Able to identify concepts and their broad applicability to the company
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to effectively communicate in both written and oral form
- Able to effectively work as part of a team toward meeting department goals
- Intermediate understanding of general documentation procedures for tax research
- Able to analyze data and propose recommendations
- Able to lead and support department personnel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 3 year experience preparing income and other miscellaneous tax reports.
- Intermediate experience with income tax concepts required.
- Documentation of continuing professional education course work, preferred.
CPA preferred but not required.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.