Titleist, golf’s symbol of excellence, is the game's leading performance equipment brand, having earned the overwhelming trust of tour professionals, club professionals, competitive amateurs and dedicated golfers worldwide. The Titleist golf ball embodies superior performance, innovative design and technology, precision manufacturing and unmatched quality. Titleist is the unequivocal #1 ball in golf and has been for over 70 years—and still counting. Titleist also has an unwavering commitment to design and develops the best- performing clubs in the game to support a leading club fitting and trial platform to maximize dedicated golfers’ performance experience. Titleist golf gear, comprised of golf bags, headwear, travel gear, accessories, and golf gloves, also delivers the performance and quality excellence promised in every product that bears the Titleist script.
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Salary Range: $97,000 - $121,000, plus bonus eligibility
In a position of minimally supervised design and research, possess and apply broad knowledge of golf club design and computer based modeling tools to complete difficult projects for the Titleist golf club franchise. Conducts and coordinates research and/or design programs to discover and validate product opportunities necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches. Consults with management to evaluate project opportunities in an organized manner to align with critical path schedule requirements. Works with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field is required. (An incumbent who's degree is not Engineering is assigned the Product Designer title)
- More than 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience is required. Broad knowledge of computer aided drafting software (NX, Unigraphics) packages. Working knowledge of office computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, etc.) Must possess and apply a broad knowledge in the field of Golf Club design.
- Capable of using computer for long periods of time.
- Consults with management to define design platform specifications and develops 3-D CAD models with an emphasis on creating difficult technologies and projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches for next generation Titleist golf clubs. Pursues comprehensive patents in previously unexplored areas by submitting invention records and actively supporting intellectual property efforts. Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art golf club design methods, manufacturing methods, USGA golf club product specification regulations, competitive specifications, patents, and trends.
- Coordinates and creates engineering and technical documentation to facilitate communication and support to Design, Product Development Engineering, Research, Testing, Suppliers, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing. Possess and applies broad knowledge of computer-based programs to enable communication.
- Possesses and applies broad knowledge of computer-based analysis techniques, reverse engineering and digital sculpting tools and to verify design performance and critical variables as well as expedite research and development.
- Conducts and coordinates difficult CAD model qualification with vendors through prototyping and pre-production runs. Works closely with Key Asian supply chain and US suppliers for the design of new products, processes, and technologies.
- Consults with management to evaluate difficult project opportunities in an organized manner to align with critical path schedule requirements. Consults with management to evaluated project progress (prototype and pre-production measurements and testing).
- Supplies consultation to professional co-workers, consultants and/or contractors as necessary.
- Reports to Project Manager Product Development
How To Apply:
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements via the apply button for this job at: https://employment.acushnetgolf.com/ and must submit a resume in "MS Word Form ONLY" in order to be considered.