Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Team Leader I, Ball Plant 3: Ensure that BP3 quality, safety, productivity, and cost improvement efforts are met by establishing shift goals and maintain team focus. Capitalize on associates' skills, abilities, and differences to implement a continuous improvement manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for implementing manufacturing objectives, including staffing and WIP levels to optimize machine utilization and minimize operating cost.
- Coordinate, coach, and facilitate team members in meeting quality, production, material usage, and cost standards and goals of the shift and plant.
- Select associates, administer employment wage policy, safety, health, attendance, quality and production standards.
- Coordinate communication between shifts and teams regarding requirements, new product or process requirements/implementation and equipment maintenance.
- Monitor and evaluate team and individual performance.
- Train associates in various quality improvement activities.
- Facilitate spontaneous problem-solving sessions and drive changes via CN system.
- Ensure obstacles are eliminated to empower associates to pursue improvement proposals.
- Establish, monitor, and model team norms, quality communication and conflict resolutions.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead teams and/or groups of individuals and work effectively with others.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Must have history of involvement in training, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Must have effective written, verbal communication skills. AGS/Microsoft Office Applications experience. Will be required to complete a Leadership Assessment, which will be used in a behavior based interview.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of one year of supervisory/leadership experience required.
- Associate degree and a minimum of two years of manufacturing experience required and two years of supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
- A High School Diploma and five years of manufacturing experience required, and two years of supervisory/leadership experience preferred.