Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Define and execute the strategic roadmap for Footwear working in collaboration with the product development team and factory to define costing metrics and drive financial success for the brand. Be the key driver of footwear programs including the factory & supplier relationships, cost and cost negotiations and vendor communication.
- Develop and execute a strategic sourcing plan for factories and suppliers to meet brand targets while ensuring quality execution of product through footwear strategy understanding and partnership.
- Partner with footwear development team to allocate product opportunities at key calendar milestones and communicate daily with factory partners to ensure vendor and country allocations are strategic and within the vendor matrix and brand requirements.
- Lead strategic sourcing communication across functional and brand leadership while communicating changes and opportunities to key stakeholders
- Key partner in the footwear seasonal costing process to achieve optimal price and margin targets through a target margin roadmap, strategic sourcing plan, and by providing scenario analysis to ensure product styling meets targeted cost.
- Develop strategies around cost mitigation, tariffs, negotiated savings, lead times and MOQ terms with factory and key suppliers.
- Track and approve all pre-production samples while meeting production deadlines.
- Partner with factories on operational improvements to drive efficiencies and cost savings. Review and evaluate key factory metrics.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in similar role including product manager, development, or sourcing.
- Must have costing experience with ability to develop and implement strategic alignment, monitor progress, and pivot to achieve objectives.
- Ability to negotiate skillfully and problem solve.
- Self-starter with experience in creating and maintaining a team player environment that promotes high performance and goal setting.
- 25%-30% travel post Covid: both domestic and international, Valid/current US passport required
- Strong MS Office knowledge required.
- Ability to work independently and develop long-term relationships.
- PLM experience is highly valued
- The ultimate goal is to have this position based in Asia full time