Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The Manager Demand Planning, Footwear is responsible for forecasting, buying, and shipment analysis to support sales, service and inventory objectives as well as managing monthly factory capacity to support worldwide footwear demand.
- Responsible for systems and data required to support forecasting, procurement and inventory management of footwear and footwear accessories. Areas of focus include maintaining appropriate spreadsheets and databases, keeping current with adjustments to business plan, forecasting calendar year inventory levels, and the adoption, maintenance and interpretation of trend analysis from machine learning algorithms.
- Determine monthly factory buys at the style level based on forecasts while managing risk and obsolescence based upon forecast confidence level.
- Leads Monthly Forecast planning activities with sales, operations and marketing, facilitating cross-functional alignment discussions, advising of stock levels, trends, forecast recommendations.
- Continuously monitor booking and shipping trends against factory buys and independently make necessary adjustments to factory purchase order dates, styles and/or sizes. Work closely with factory and product development team to identify, monitor and communicate to the team any issues affecting delivery against forecasts and customer orders. Keep the team up to date on current bookings and shipments to aid in the product development process. Communicate forecast, availability and inventory information to external and internal customers.
- Oversee worldwide footwear order and forecast consolidation, production capacity planning, first available exgo for new product categories, analysis of outsole capacity for new product categories and ex-US market analysis as required, including communication with Director to review areas of concern, resulting in follow-up with factory, key suppliers and ex-US markets.
- Formulate and execute fiscally responsible annual inventory and receipt plans necessary to support the footwear business.
- Responsible for communication regarding forecast and procurement issues to footwear factory and Taiwan office.
- Work closely with product creation team to keep on-schedule for inline, SMU and energy moment product commercialization calendars and successfully planning and communicating end-of-life timing to limit closeout exposure during footwear seasonal transitions.
- Lead, train, and mentor Supply Chain Planner, Footwear
- Support departmental operations in other areas on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Operations or Supply Chain preferred.
- 8 years of procurement experience, with 3-5 years related to footwear.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and operation practices and principles.
- Supervisory experience, and US travel; factory, supplier and market visits.
- Attention to detail, organization and problems solving skills are necessary.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Excellent knowledge / experience with data analysis, Microsoft Office and MRP/ERP software is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of the golf business is also preferred.