Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission – to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Under the supervision of the Sr. Designer, assists the product creation design team on projects employing various art, design, graphic and CAD skills to support product opportunities necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches. Apply associate level knowledge of design to create, develop, and communicate innovative product design concepts for the Titleist Gear franchise. With the design management and experienced product design and development teams guidance, evaluates difficult project assignments in an organized manner to align with critical path schedule requirements. Occasionally works on independent projects as required and as skills dictate, with oversight from the Sr. Design team.
- The Associate Product Designer creates, develops and refines conceptual product design concepts for product opportunities and incorporate features and benefits, form and function as deemed needed in order to develop new golf gear concepts and products. Attends and participates in product development meetings, design critiques, vendor meetings, first article inspections and cosmetic/design input as necessary.
- Learns and absorbs knowledge of design concepts. Actively supports I.P. efforts. Maintains and learns knowledge of design techniques, including computer graphics/design/CAD generation, sketches, hand work, rapid prototyping, machined/finished prototyping, and visual communication/presentation tools. Works to support in the creation of innovative solutions, process and material usages that can be sampled, validated and commercialized on a continual basis.
- Apply broad knowledge of computer based program, generates necessary documentation and images to facilitate communication and support to Product Design/Development, Suppliers, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing.
- Conduct inspiration research of outside industries for new product design concepts. Maintain and develop knowledge and expertise of new methods to further enhance departmental design and development capabilities.
- Maintain broad knowledge of golf gear forms, shapes, construction, features, artwork, graphics, aesthetics, branding, materials, cosmetics, and product presentation techniques.
- 1-3 years of professional experience required.
- Desired skills include: Broad knowledge of computer-based concept/design/graphic packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, some 3D desirable but not required), 2D and 3D Product prototyping ability, (sketching, model making, painting, and hand working), Excellent communication and presentation skills, Project Management skills and experience, Office computer software (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Possess and apply associate level knowledge in the field of Golf Gear design desirable, product design, graphic design, developmental processes, materials, construction, engineering design techniques, and market trends.