Distribution Center Lead - 2nd Shift
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under the general direction of the Distribution Supervisor, provides leadership and direction to support receiving and distribution operations. Works closely with Distribution Management, Traffic, Supply Chain, and Sales to carry out warehouse, receiving and shipping functions in a manner that meets or exceeds planned goals. Works on assignments that are complex in nature, where considerable judgment and initiative is required. Drives problem resolution and recommends opportunities for improvement. Provides guidance and support to hourly/non-exempt personnel and temporary labor.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate and Lead Distribution Activities
- Provides daily/weekly balancing of skilled labor across the warehouse, receiving and shipping activities.
- Oversees material handlers in achieving department and site performance objectives that include safety, cost, service, quality, and efficiency.
- Conveys relevant information to Supervisors, Manager and other employees regarding safety, quality, customer-service, productivity, and throughput etc.
- Communicates department goals to personnel, and provides resources and motivation to meet or exceed goals.
- Communicates issues and resolution options to Distribution Management, to ensure a seamless operation and transfer of information.
- Assist in achieving daily, weekly, monthly and annual objectives as determined by management.
- Provides on the job training and oversight to temporary workers.
Ensure Key Processes are Successful
- Provides for the orderly and accurate receipt of all inbound deliveries and shipments.
- Ensures timely delivery of materials to storage, and other organizational functions.
- Facilitates and supports setup and execution of replenishment activities.
- Oversees the picking, packing, and shipping of all domestic and international shipments.
- Ensures all orders are processed accurately, efficiently, and on time.
- Delivers Value Added Services (VAS) in accordance with customer requirements.
- Coordinates and schedules all dock activities including quality audits on shipments.
- Ensures customer returns are processed within company communicated timeframe.
- Ensures the return of rejected material to vendors for credit and the destruction and/or recycling of scrap and obsolescence material.
Drive Safety Program
- Ensures consistent safety and process training of all material handlers.
- Conducts and documents effective safety meetings at required intervals.
Develop People Skills and Capabilities
- Reviews and assesses the skill set of each employee as it relates to the job requirements.
- Through job aids and work instructions, verifies that workers are trained and following correct procedures.
- Conducts timely performance reviews, and assists in the management of individual development plans.
- Creates and administers disciplinary action as necessary, with guidance from management.
- Tracks employee attendance and timesheets according to company policy.
Drive Continuous Improvement
- Identifies and troubleshoots process issues, and participates in root cause analysis and solution implementation.
- Works closely with Inventory Control to drive inventory accuracy improvement and minimize shrink.
- Involves employees in continuous improvement teams and discussions.
- Participate in special projects as assigned regarding 5s, Kaizen, continuous Improvement Process, and Train the Trainer.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to fulfill responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making.
- Lift-truck certification.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to direct others within the process to meet or exceed department goals.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully fluent in conversational and business (oral and written).
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in MS word, excel, SAP experience helpful.
- Has some experience using computer based warehouse management system (WMS), use of SAP WMS a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum three years of warehouse experience required.
- Proficient with SAP transactions.
- Continuous Improvement training or equivalent involvement in CIT’s.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.