Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The R&D Test Technician is responsible for evaluating specific product construction and performance. The incumbent will be responsible for the measurements or testing of all equipment throughout all functional areas of the Technician Pool. This position will involve learning to operate test equipment such as the golf ball robot, launch monitor, air cannons, and multiple lab analysis tools. Testing performed on a regular basis will include physical properties analysis, robot performance, coefficient of restitution, and player perception.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
For Golf Ball Testing:
- Responsible for the completion of daily testing of Golf Balls in a safe, correct, and efficient manner
- Communicate with other team members clearly to ensure daily tests are completed
- Perform preventative maintenance on testing equipment to ensure it is functional and safe
- Ability to calibrate all machines periodically to ensure accuracy
- Proactively working to improve a test to make it safer, more accurate, and/or more efficient
- Strong attention to detail to annotate/save test results, minimize testing errors, and stay current with necessary paper work
- Ability to multitask when possible to successfully complete multiple tests at the same time.
- Ability to work effectively with necessary software (Microsoft Office Suite, Minitab, and other software packages)
- Keep a clean and organized testing environment
- Basic understanding of all tests and able to perform most tests independently
- Other duties as assigned
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Basic knowledge of computers, statistics, and data entry
- Good knowledge of mechanical parts and tools
- Good understanding of how to read and apply requests from a work order
- Ability to handle multiple areas and equipment in a changing priority environment
- Understanding of golf equipment/products
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent, College diploma preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience as a technician
- Previous R&D or testing experience preferred
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.