El Paso (Illinois) Golf Club (EPGC) is a scenic, well maintained, heavily played, semi-private 18-hole golf course located in Central Illinois. The 475-member club is open to the public six days a week and hosts outings several days a week. EPGC has a well-stocked pro-shop, a seasonal full-service bar, restaurant, and a banquet room.
The Business Manager is responsible for the overall operation of EPGC, to include but not limited to, the bar, kitchen, restaurant, banquet events, pro-shop and overseeing schedules, training, club tournaments, events and other activities.
This full-time management position requires an experienced and motivated professional working with our experienced staff to maintain an already excellent and popular golf club. We are seeking an individual who can develop a team that exemplifies professionalism and has the necessary knowledge to manage the bar, kitchen, restaurant, banquet events and all clubhouse activities.EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Preferred is a minimum four-year college degree in Business Management/ Hospitality Management, or a Golf Course related major. (Extensive experience may be considered in lieu of education.)
- 4 – 6 years of hospitality and restaurant management or related field is required with golf club management experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Knowledge of compliance regulations with federal, state, and local, for the operation of all aspects of a golf club, bar, restaurant and banquet operations.
- Knowledge of current technological development and industry trends in bar, kitchen, restaurant and banquet events and experience in golf course events is preferred.
- Knowledge of business practices, including, but not limited to:
- Report and budget preparation (must be able to manage all sources of revenue and ensure all departments are profitable)
- Fiscal management, including but not limited to, EPGC bank accounts, payable/receivables, audit controls, assist with account reconciliations, and provide monthly reporting to the club’s Treasurer and Board of Directors, as requested.
- Management skills (i.e., strong interpersonal communication skills (written and oral), training, disciplinary practices, etc.); and ability to work effectively with all employees and supervisors while creating and maintaining a cooperative, diverse, and inclusive work environment.
- Employee development and performance management skills; ability to manage human resource functions, such as motivating employees, controlling turnover, employee meetings, retention, and development of employees and supervisors, etc.
- Computer skills commensurate with job responsibilities, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and Outlook), Point of Sale systems, and social media platforms.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the day-to-day operations of EPGC to include: pro-shop, bar, kitchen, restaurant, banquet events and guest/member relations.
- Initiate the planning, marketing and recruiting of third-party golf outings, banquet events and other club activities.
- Establish and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish EPGC’s goals and objectives through recruiting, hiring, training, supervising and ongoing performance reviews with staff and management.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships for all needed products and services.
- Supervise and train management and supervisory staff, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Provide an annual report to the Board of Directors and include results of staff performance appraisals and salary/bonus recommendations.
- Maintain professional growth with employee development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations.
- Attend all board meetings and regular meetings of the Board’s committees and provide advice and recommendations where appropriate. Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board’s committees and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain all approved EPGC By-Laws, policies, and procedures including but not limited to, general, operational, safety, membership, and personnel policies. Recommend changes to such By-Laws, policies, and procedures when necessary or required by law.
- Abide by EPGC Personnel and Policy Handbook, EPGC Safety Handbook, any other implemented policies or handbooks, and effectively communicate the policies and procedures to management and employees.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Hours are based on the needs of the overall operations of EPGC, to include working evenings, weekends, and holiday shifts when deemed necessary. Ability and willingness to work long and/or odd hours is a necessity. This position is exempt and not eligible for overtime pay.
- This is a 12-month position; vacation must be scheduled during the months of December through March, or as approved by the Board of Directors.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Submit resume to:
Thomas Fulop, Board of Directors
El Paso Golf Club, Inc.
2860 County Road 600 North
El Paso, IL 61738